Glazed Strawberry Spring Salad
- 2 litre (8 cups) Mixed spring salad or baby spinach leaves
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) Balsamic vinegar
- 500 ml (2 cups) Sliced BC Strawberries
- 50 mls (1/4 cup) Olive oil
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) Salt
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) Freshly ground pepper
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Chevre (goat cheese), crumbled
- 250 ml (1 cup) Candied Pecans
Candied Nuts – Hazelnuts, Pecans, or Walnuts
- 250 ml (1 cup) Pecans
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) Brown Sugar
- 2ml (1/4 tsp) Sea Salt
- 1 Egg white
Preheat oven to 150oC (300oF). Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a big bowl beat together the egg white, salt and brown sugar. Pour in the nuts and stir until all the nuts are completely covered. Spread evenly in 1 layer on the parchment paper. Bake until nuts are roasted. Cool.
In a small saucepan, over medium-high heat, bring vinegar to a boil. Boil covered until slightly thickened (1- 3 minutes). In a small bowl, drizzle the vinegar over BC Strawberries and toss gently. Let vinegar drain and use in dressing. Set glazed BC Strawberries aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together oil, garlic, excess vinegar from the BC Strawberries and salt and pepper.
Add enough dressing to salad and coat lightly. Divide salad evenly among 6 plates; arrange glazed BC Strawberries, sprinkle candied nuts over salad. Sprinkle chevre over each salad.